2012 Accreditation Information
The 24th Annual Crimes Against Children Conference is approved for the following continuing professional education credits:
- Association for Play Therapy (A4PT)
- 19.5 hours of study, including 3 hours of Play Therapy. In order to receive play therapy hours, you MUST attend the workshop, Play Therapy Interventions for Family Reunification in Sexual Abuse Cases, Part 1 & 2 AND sign the attendance sheet in this workshop. Attendees must also submit their Conference certificate AND CEU document to A4PT.
- Continuing Education for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Continuing Judicial Education (CJE)
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- 19.5 MCLE hours, including 1.5 ethics hours: In order to receive credit for ethics hours, you MUST attend the workshop, Ethical Considerations for Prosecutors in Child Abuse Cases AND sign the attendance sheet in that workshop. This is in addition to completing other necessary paperwork for CLE credit.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers for 19.5 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education (TCLEOSE)
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors (LPC)
Continuing education credit will also be awarded for our year-long online training that will be available after the conference through the Dallas Children's Advocacy Center website (DCAC.org) for the following:
Please visit the DCAC website for more information on Year Long Learning.
TCLEOSE credit will be awarded to sworn Texas peace officers through the Dallas Police Department. All sworn Texas peace officers are required to sign in each day of the conference and provide their TCLEOSE issued personal identification number (PID). Sign in sheets will be provided at the conference registration area. No partial credit will be awarded. Your name must appear on each day's sign in sheet.
Out of state peace officers should submit their conference certificate to their respective agencies for consideration of credit in their jurisdiction.
All attendees (except TEXAS peace officers seeking TCLEOSE hours) are responsible for turning in their CEU hours to their respective fields.